LCS Facility Services of Texas
Dishwasher (On Call)
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under direct supervision, the Dishwasher / Stewarding Aide is responsible for kitchen stewarding tasks such as dish washing, pot washing and ware washing. May require project work including detail cleaning, floor work and special projects as needed. Additional duties may be assigned under guidance of Supervisor. The Stewarding Aide follows a schedule set by the Manager
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows and completes daily, weekly and monthly duty list for stewarding tasks provided by Supervisor; Works with team members as needed to complete tasks assigned
- Completes work with excellent quality and within the required timeline given
- Follows a monthly “on-call” schedule for weekend and overtime coverage as needed
- Provides excellent customer service each day by following the guidelines of the Site-Specific Training Guide
- Begins work in a presentable manner, well-groomed, wearing the required uniform and footwear
- Maintains supplies given to complete tasks by keeping them cleaning and storing them properly at the end of shift
- Communicates daily with Supervisor to ensure proper understanding of work to be completed
- Follows chain of command and communicates to the appropriate parties when issues arise
- Working knowledge of basic dish washing and housekeeping tasks
- High School Diploma or General Equivalent Degree (GED)
- Ability to pass a full criminal background check which includes misdemeanor and felony investigation
- Ability to pass random drug and alcohol screening throughout the year
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work within deadlines
- Ability to provide customer service when interacting with the public, our customer and students throughout the workday
WORKING & PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
- Tasks will involve use of public or shared bathroom facilities with potential exposure to blood-borne diseases. Employees are required to wear personal equipment protection (PPE). Fast paced environment; Public space; Time management needed to balance and complete tasks throughout the day.
- Ability to lift forty (40) pounds occasionally. The position involves walking, standing for long periods of time and includes stooping, squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending and climbing stairs.
- Noise levels may increase when operating equipment, ear plugs are required.
- Use of ladder with supervision. Use of ladder without supervision (after training)
- The employee is responsible for wearing Black Pants and non-slip black work boots. Sneakers or any shoe which looks like a sneaker are not acceptable.
- Uniform Shirts are provided by LCS Facility Group. Five (5) LCS shirts will be provided to you.
- Dangling jewelry is prohibited at the work site and includes all necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
- Tattoos must be covered under uniform; Tattoo sleeves should be covered with a long-sleeved shirt and / or a tattoo sleeve that covers it.
- Piercings must be taken out during work hours, including all face and mouth piercings.
- Hair should be kept tied up, clipped or pulled back during work hours. If hair is worn down, it is mandatory to wear a hair net
- Any facial hair must be covered by a beard snood. Facial hair includes, mustaches, beards, goatees, etc.