Housekeeping Supervisor $11.15 (Split Shift)
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under general supervision, the Service Leader’s primary purpose is to supervise the work, support and meet the needs of the team. It will oversee daily operations, executing the schedule(s) the Manager set forth. Position will also be responsible for performing additional duties which may include general building and grounds maintenance or other areas within the janitorial field. May require project work including detail cleaning, floor work and dorm clean-outs as needed. Additional duties may be assigned which include stripping and waxing of floors, mold removal under guidance of Supervisor, high dusting and cleaning on a scaffold, cleaning of elevators and elevator tracks. Service Leader will assist with supervision at designated times which will include timekeeping responsibilities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for completing custodial and dish-washing tasks; Follows and completes daily, weekly and monthly duty lists that includes all types of cleaning including but not limited to, kitchen stewarding, dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, carpet cleaning, garbage removal, pressure washing, window cleaning and floor work
- Follows schedule set by management each day and works within the parameters of the schedule, leading team to complete work orders, providing support to staff as needed
- Reviews, executes and completes daily work according to specifications and requirements of the work order and schedule set by Manager
- Comes to work prepared and in required uniform
- Clocks in on a timely basis every day; Assists team with timekeeping when issues arise
- Maintains janitorial supplies and closets, ensuring stock is in place and all items are put back neatly and safely
- Wears personal protection equipment as required by site specific requirements; Responsible for the care and upkeep of personal protection equipment assigned.
- Maintains a safe working environment through prevention of accidents, the preservation and daily care of equipment and safe work practices
- Participates and takes the lead reviewing the “Technique of the week” training sessions with staff to ensure LCS standards and procedures are upheld
- Communicates daily with Manager to ensure proper understanding of work to be completed, asking questions when unsure or in need of further instruction
- Participates in emergency and safety drills as instructed
- Follows chain of command at all times to ensure the quick resolution of issues
- Communicate often using chain of command creating transparency within the team
- Attends and participates in all in-service training provided by management and human resources
- Attends and participates in all meetings required by management
- Report any presence of animals, vermin or insects at the work site; Report any presence of water leaks and other maintenance needs at the work site;
- Report any presence of all other health and safety hazards noticed to Manager
- Follows chain of command and communicates to the appropriate parties when issues arise
- Working knowledge of basic housekeeping tasks
- High School Diploma or General Equivalent Degree (GED)
- A criminal background check will be conducted
- Ability to pass random drug and alcohol screening throughout the year
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work within deadlines Ability to provide customer service when interacting with the public, our customer and students throughout the work day
WORKING & PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
- Tasks will involve use of public or shared bathroom facilities with potential exposure to blood-borne diseases.
- Employees are required to wear personal equipment protection (PPE).
- Fast paced environment; Public space; Time management needed to balance and complete tasks throughout the day.
- Ability to lift forty (40) pounds occasionally. The position involves walking, standing for long periods of time and includes stooping, squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending and climbing stairs.
- Noise levels may increase when operating equipment, ear plugs are required. Use of ladder with supervision. Use of ladder without supervision (after training)
- The employee is responsible for wearing Black Pants and non-slip black work shoes. Sneakers or any show which looks like a sneaker are not acceptable.
- Uniform Shirts are provided by Cintas Uniform Company. Eleven (11) shirts will be provided and laundered each week. Uniform shirts will be kept in the employee’s locker on site.
- Dangling jewelry is prohibited at the work site and includes all necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
- Tattoos must be covered under uniform; Tattoo sleeves should be covered with a long sleeved shirt and / or a tattoo sleeve.
- Piercings must be taken out during work hours, including all face and mouth piercings. Hair should be kept tied up, clipped or pulled back during work hours.